- Simplex mode is one way communication. It is that mode in which communication takes place in only one direction. There is no return path in communication. Only one side transmits information and other just receive it. It is also called unidirectional mode.
- Television, radio, newspapers etc are examples of simplex mode.
- Duplex mode is two way communication. It is that mode in which communication takes place in both direction. There is return path in communication. When one is sending information, other can just receive at the same time. It is also called bidirectional mode.
- Duplex Mode is of two types:
- Half Duplex: It is the mode of transmission in which data can be transmitted in both direction but only in one direction at a time.
- Walkie-Talkie, interview etc are half duplex mode.
- Telephone system, discussion etc are full duplex.