- UPS stands for Uninterruptible Power Supply.
- It is a device that helps the computer system keep operating by supplying the power to the system even when there is failure of electricity and protects the system from sudden shutting down and helps to save the data and the system properly.
Whenever working on the computer and if electric power suddenly goes off, then there will be no time for saving the important work. So at such condition, UPS helps to save the work.
- What are the functions of UPS?
- The main functions of UPS:
- Provide power for some time after a blackout has occured.
- Continue to provide power to equipment during line sags.
- Absorb relatively small power surges.
- Smooth out noisy power sources.