Advantages of Client Server Network:
- It has the centralized control. i.e, centralized user accounts, security, and access to simplify network administration.
- It does not slow down with heavy use.
- The size of the network can be expanded to any size.
- Proper Management : All the files are stored at the same place. In this way, management of files becomes easy. Also it becomes easier to find files.
- As all the data is stored on server its easy to make a back-up of it.
- Reduces Data Replication - Data stored on the servers instead of each client, so it reduces the amount of data replication for the application.
Disadvantages of Client Server Network:
- Server failure leads to whole network failure.
- It is very expensive to install and manage as dedicated hardware (server) and special software (NOS) is required.
- Professional IT people is required to maintain the servers and other technical details of network.