E-government is Electronic government. It refers to any government functions or processes that are carried out in digital form over the Internet. It also refers to the standard processes that different government agencies use in order to communicate with each other and streamline processes.
- Local, state and federal governments essentially set up central Web sites from which the public (both private citizens and businesses) can find public information, download government forms and contact government representatives.
The E-government delivery models are:
- G2C (Government to Citizens)
- G2B (Government to Businesses)
- G2E (Government to Employees)
- G2G (Government to Governments)
- C2G (Citizens to Governments)