Advantages of Bus topology:
- Requires less cable length, so is cheaper than other topologies.
- It is easy to add new node in the network.
- Failure of one node will not fail system.
- It is easy to setup computers and other devices in this topology, because all the devices are connected through single wire.
Disadvantages of Bus topology:
- The whole network system collapses if the common cable is damaged.
- Difficult to identify the problems if the entire network shuts down.
- Terminators are required at both ends of the backbone cable.
- The network slowdown if additional computers are connected.
- The limited length of the cable in a network may restrict to connect the workstations or devices.