What are Advantages and Disadvantages of Fiber Optics?
- Advantages of Fiber Optical Cable:
- Because a fiber-optic cable is light-based, data can be sent through it at the speed of light.
- Fiber optic cables have a much greater bandwidth than metal cables. They can carry more data.
- Fiber optic cables are less susceptible than metal cables to interference.
- Fiber optic cables are much thinner and lighter than metal wires.
- Disadvantages of Fiber Optical Cable:
- The main disadvantage of fiber optics is that the cables are expensive to install.
- They are more fragile than wire and are difficult to split.