Advantages of ring topology:
- The amount of cable required is lesser than other topology.
- Short cable connection which causes an increase in network reliability.
- High speed of data transmission.
Disadvantages of ring topology:
- Failure of any one of computer on the network makes the whole network down.
- Difficult to diagnose faults.
- It is difficult to add or remove any node from the network.
- Network reconfiguration is difficult.
- Requires more complicated control software than star topology.