What is single precision variable?
- If there is need to store the numeric values as decimal values, real variables may be use.
- Any numeric variable by default is assumed as real variable.
- The variable declared by using an exclamation point ( ! ) as the last character of the variable name is single precision variable.
- When a variable is declared as single precision and that exceeds seven digits, it is rounded to its closest value. Although there will be displayed seventh digit, its accuracy is not dependable.
- For example:
- if variable declared as A! = 1.12345678, then the value stored will be 1.123457.