- The shortest word used in English containing all five vowels is iouea.
- The shortest 4 syllable word used in English is iouea.
- The oldest word in the English language that is still in use is 'town'.
- The longest word in the English language is 45 letters long: “Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.” It is the scientific name for a type of lung disease.
- The world's smallest bird is the 'bee hummingbird' found in Cuba.
- The smallest flower in the world is wolffia.
- The deepest spot in the earth is called the Mariana Trench and is approximately 10,911 metres deep in the Pacific Ocean. That's more than the height of Mt. Everest.
- Nile river is the longest river in the world. Amazon river is the biggest river by water volume.
- The longest movie ever made lasts for 85 hours and is titled 'The Cure of Insomnia'.