|What are reserved words? What are user defined words? (Programming Terms)
Differentiate between reserved words are user defined words (UDF).
- Reserved words are the words in programming which have a specific meaning to the basic interpreter and compiler.
- Reserved words of programing are statements, commands and functions.
- Reserved words are program independent.
- These words cannot be classified as string and numeric variables.
- Eg: PRINT, CLS, END, INPUT, etc
User Defined Words (UDF)
- User defined words are the words in programming which don't have a specific meaning to the basic interpreter and compiler.
- User defined words are the variable that user uses in the program.
- User defined words are program dependent
- These words can be classified as numeric and string variable.
- Eg: nam$, class, roll, telephone, address$, etc.